Testimonials like these make us feel that it's all worth it.
"This was the most satisfying mastering experience of my life. Exquisite master, thank you from the bottom of my heart."
- JD Souther (Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor)
"I like the way it breathes, almost like the compressor/limiter holds it up in the air, like the 'old' days. Great work."
- Dave Davies (The Kinks)
"Thank you! You are such an artist. Between you and Jim Anderson you could eat the sound."
- Patricia Barber (Blue Note recording artist)
"God, Alan, I will always say your name in reverential tones from this day hence! What a masterful job of melding the disparate elements together. Just wonderful... nothing missing, nothing intruding... affectionately, Jim"
- Jimmy Webb
"I felt as though I had heard my recordings for the first time."
- Judy Collins (re-mastering of 1962-1965 analog master tapes)
"Wonderful! I've never heard mastering do what yours did. The music jumped off the page. What you do is breathtaking and magnificent."
- Jane Ira Bloom (Winner - Jazz Journalists' Soprano Sax Of The Year 2001)
"You did such amazing things with the sound -- you are practically a member of the band!"
- Nora York
"I've listened through the tracks and they are great. You're a real artist."
- Martin Streule (StreuleJazz, Switzerland)
"I hired Alan Silverman to restore and remaster the soundtrack to "Heartworn Highways," a mid-70s documentary on the burgeoning Outlaw/singer-songwriter scene in Austin and Nashville. Having heard the recordings in their original state, I can say the work "
- David Gorman (Hacktone Records)
"The Kinks re-issues from 1998... sound awfully good, but the newly mastered hybrid SACDs smoke them! These SACDs sound better than the RCA Dynaflex LP originals by a good margin."
- Michael Fremer (Stereophile/MusicAngle.com)
"The people who do mastering whom I respect, such as Bob Ludwig, Mark Wilder, and Alan Silverman, are not in it for the money, they are true music lovers. Playing Alan Silverman's new CD re-mastering of Judy Collins' Someday Soon made the hair stand up on "
- John Marks (Stereophile Magazine)
"New York-based sound engineer Alan Silverman got obsessed by turning the original sound recordings of the documentary Heartworn Highways into an audio CD. The results, not surprisingly, are stunning."
- Robert Baird (Stereophile - September 2006)
"Results have been spectacular so far. Lots of bite, and the vocal presence is really impressive. The difference that outstanding mastering makes is like night and day! How do you do it?"
- William Crowley (E1 Entertainment)
"The mastering for Piazzola is brilliant!"
- Javier Limon (Grammy winning "Producer Of The Year")
"These SACDs are the best-sounding Kinks yet... decisively stomps all over the analog."
- Steve Guttenberg (Home Theater Magazine)
"Amazing top and bottom. A phenomenal job!"
- Eve Nelson (Producer - Chaka Khan)
"Your work and dedication have been fully appreciated. Dee [Carstensen] and I have become huge fans of your work."
- Mike Manieri (Northern Lights, Steps Ahead)
"I am constantly producing box sets... this one knocked me out of my chair! How did you do that?"
- Bruce Harris (A&R, Elektra Records)
"This is the best mastering job I've ever heard. Thanks for the great and caring work."
- Todd Barkan (Artistic Director - Jazz at Lincoln Center)
"Thanks for creating such bad ass low ends on ITTD that my friend shattered his rear window in his trans am listening to minus one with his system blazing. I laughed at him and gave em some devil horns!"
- Colera (posting on 40 Below Summer's fan site)
"Oh my God, Alan. Master approved!! Beautiful, refined and unique. We are touched by your brilliant work!"
- Miranda Kassin (Brazil)
"You give it that WOW."
- Charles Wallert (Bluewater Recordings, The Embers)
"I wanted to contact you and let you know what a superb job you have done with the masters for Curriculum! It has risen above and beyond our expectations. You really understood our intentions both sonically and stylistically. I am so grateful for your cont"
- Abby Ahmad
"We ended up using Alan at Arf Digital... he was a cool guy, was sympathetic to our (somewhere between prog/post-rock/chamber) music, did a great job on it, and his dog can sing."
- Ben Freeman (Krakatoa)
"...Alan Silverman for his perfectionism and spectacular mastering..."
- D.D. Jackson (liner notes from "Suite For New York")
"I never heard myself like that before."
- Von Freeman (Chicago Jazz Legend)
"Exquisite work... thank you for your care and sure touch in the mastering."
- Michael Friedman (President - Premonition Records)
"Everybody is amazed by your work. I think this is spectacular. Thank you again for your time."
- Claudio Santillo (Producer - Baioky, Rio De Janeiro)
"Alan's mastering took my recordings to the next level."
- Angela Taylor (Recording Artist)
"So much better, it's silly."
- Toby Wright (Producer - Sevendust, 3Doors Down, 40 Below Summer)
"I wanted to extend my appreciation to you for such a superb job. The project sounds awesome. Thanks a lot for your ears and energy. I am sure we will cross paths again."
- Cosmos Boekell (Lead Vocal - Akasha)
"Alan is incredible and the warmth that he gets on the entire project is wonderful. He works with us so well and is so flexible after we listen."
- Phil Collingsworth (The Collingsworth Family - Southern Gospel Awards Breakthrough Artists 2006)
"You truly have the gift to hear and feel the way it needs to be... I have listened to the ref several times on different systems and it is amazing what you have done to achieve consistency in the vocal. God bless, and thanks again for a perfect job."
- H.D. Farmer (Evergreen Ministries)
"Once again, I must tell you how thrilled I am with your work!"
- Rachelle Garniez
"WOW!!! Damn, I am happy with the way these things turned out."
- Scott McCurry
"It's great! Yout have the magic touch. We are so pleased with everything."
- Gina Bean
"I really love the mastering on our new EP. You are of a rare breed of mastering engineers."
- Drew North (Scott McCurry Band)
"ARF Arf Arf!! WoofwoofwoooooooofArfAaaaaaaaaaaarf! And a Meow, and one very audible Bat Squeak!"
- Stevie Holland
"You birthed that baby! It's really, really nice. Spectacular! It's got great clarity, the resolution is perfect. A job well done, thank you!"
- Todd Whitelock (producer/engineer)
"WOW. Holy crap, Alan! It sounds amazing, really. The bottom end AND the way the top sounds now. It's great. I'm ecstatic."
- Ricky Free (producer/drummer/engineer - TheBlueSkySecret)